The Sims Life & Times

The Sims, as anyone who plays can attest, takes on a life of its own. I created this blog so I could keep track of my sim stories and share them with others. I've always wanted to write stories but unfortunately I'm not very good at it lol I am hoping that just as my house building has improved so will my storytelling abilities.

My main family is called the Snookers. My goal was to move 1 sim into Relfamtown and see how the population would grow. I hope you will follow along with me.
If you would like to see all the stories in the Relfamtown series then click on Snooker Chronicles to the left and start at the bottom of the list.

UPDATE - Well since I had a major meltdown and lost Relfamtown, the Snookers are now in Sim Heaven and there will not be anymore updates on them :-( Out of the bad comes good though and Tesime is a new neighbourhood that I created for the Test of Time challenge. I hope you will enjoy their stories as well !

Want to start Tesime at the beginning ? Click Here
Tesime Family Tree - Click Here



Saturday 17 March 2012

Tesime - Round Eight : The Lindt-Stonegate chapter


Like children I know we are not supposed to favour our sims but how can I not love this couple ? They are gorgeous and life seems to be going along so well for them ( bloody hell did I just jinx my fav family to a life of tragedy? ) ! Liam and Summer aged to adults and as with Jorn and Violet Benet ( nee Gallant ) they couldn't wait to be joined. ( I don't get it, Summer is a family sim so why the red glow around the ring? ) Anyway that didn't stop them from consummating the marriage and right away poor Summer had a terrible bout of morning sickness. Since Violet was in the family way as well, the new wives discussed everything to do with marriage and being pregnant. Crops don't harvest themselves so pregnant or not Summer had to pitch in. This probably helped her when it came to birth which is a good thing because lo and behold they welcomed twins ! Two adorable little girls who they named Ericka and Abigail Lindt. ( I don't force twins so I am always soooooo surprised and excited when I actually get them ! Do twins run in sim familes? I just realized that the Stonegate's had the first set of twins )

Lindt-Stonegate: Liam, Summer, Ericka and Abigail

5 comments:

taliahneth said...

Squeeee twins are so cute! XD I totally didn't think about twins running in the family O_O but I think you might be on to something there, I don't force twins either but Korbl just fathered twins, and it wasn't until I was imputting the information into tribal pages that I was reminded HE was a twin himself ;_; I forgot his twin sister died a long long time ago DX I'll have to investigate now!

Janet said...

Squeeee is right !! It looks like they might not be identical so Im happy about that. They have different eyebrows and if I go according to that one will be redhead and one brunette? And even tho they both have blue eyes one is light and the other darker. Cant wait to get back to this family.

I spent today researching Roman buildings and have built 2 insulae so far. Not sure if they are up to code but this is a game so anything I do is right :-P According to the lots I have so far I an estimating 1 emperor lot ( duh lol ), 2 patrician, 3 plebian and 4 slave. Oh and I downloaded the mod that changes the cars into horsebuggies ( so cute lol ) and some really great togas for the emperors ladies.

taliahneth said...

I thought the twins looked similar before but since you pointed it out I had another look and yes they do look different! Is this the first of your Gen3? The ones that reach adulthood and jettison your simmies into Roman times? XD *is probably behind somewhere* lol

Researching the Roman buildings is fun yah? ^__^ I think the inspiration from it is what gave me the incentive to put effort into the buildings for a change; that and I'm stuck with them for a while so the more I like them the better right?

Random: I noticed on your book list you've just read "The Hunger Games" and said it was good - I was debating whether to read or not, coz of the movie coming out ya know how it's never as good as the books and all? But now that you've said that I'm just going to HAVE to read it haha. Have you read The Spook's Apprentice series? Fantastic series, that's in movie production too with Ben Barnes playing Tom *__* helloooo first in line to see that one.

Now back to simming - 2 more families to the end of Round 14 whoop whoop! XD

Peni R. Griffin said...

You can't get identical twins because of the way the randomizer works. Clones will always be different ages.

And yes, twins do run in families! There's a pregnancy token in the memories that you can see if you look with SimPE. If a male sim has a pregnancy token, that's what it's about.

YES, read Hunger Games, but not till your decks are cleared. It's like stepping out of an airplane at 30,000 feet - you don't stop till you hit the end.

Janet said...

Yes my FIRST gen 3ers !!!! Double no triple squeee LOL

I didnt have much clue at all what the Hunger Games was really about and only started to read the first chapter just to see if I would like it. Not only did I love it, I abandoned the other book I was reading and got my husband reading it as well ! We are on #2 now ( he just finished it last night ) and the story is just so good and the best part is the author is not using all the same old boring cliches as the story line. Peni is right - it will take over your life - I actually make a point to stop reading to savor it along. I havent head of The Snook's apprentice so willhave to check that out ! Thanks for the suggestion :-)

Thanks for the clarification on twins Peni ! I was downloading some things yesterday and it said SimPE wouldnt work with later EP's so I canceled it. Do you know if that is wrong? I dont remember the last time I opened the program.